Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Nothing to Report

I'm really starting to get overwhelmed with the stuff going on. I will probably be fairly absent over the next few weeks.

I do have to mention:

We pulled out our nativity scene a bit ago. My grandmother bought it for me several years ago and that is why I love it. Sydney started pulling out each figure and asked me to identify each one. I would and then, she would repeat the names after me. The conversation ended like this:

Who is this, mommy?

Baby Jesus.

Baby Cheeses?

Yes, that's it. Baby Cheeses. *Laugh*

We went to a party this past weekend. The hostess was telling me that her son believes a nice couple down the street is Mary and Joseph coming to visit for Christmas, mainly because of their attire and the fact that they do a lot of walking in the winter. She said she didn't have the heart to explain it because he gets so excited whenever they pass by their house. During the same conversation, of course, I had to share my "Baby Cheeses" story (while eating, don't kill me, cheesecake). Sydney was within earshot and heard me talking about it.

Baby Cheeses?

Yes, Baby Cheeses lives nearby and... he made this cheesecake.

Really?

Yep. In fact, his mom and dad helped him. They live close by too. Neat huh?

*Affirmative Nod*

I know it. Don't say it. Just take it for what it is and NOTHING more. I'm just a very sarcastic person.

2 comments:

Angela said...

It is a good thing kids forget things

Courtney said...

Lol. Poor Syd is so confused...it sounds like a conversation I would've had with Taylor. Sometimes explaining things 100 times gets so frustrating and it ends with "whatever you say/think Taylor!" I know it's not good, but losing my sanity isn't good either.