Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy Happy Day!

Wow! It is one week before Christmas Eve. How are things coming along on your end?

Marc and I sat down last night and wrapped gifts while watching NCIS. It was such a nice evening. We put a pretty good dent in the wrapping. We are very slow wrappers. So, I decided to use up all of the wrapping paper I had. To not use it would be very wasteful. I wondered what I was thinking when I bought some of this paper. I found a few rolls at the bottom of the tub that are just...well..ugly. I'm sure I thought it was okay at the time and I am sure it was on sale. Most likely it was the paper left after Christmas has come and gone. That was typically when I would buy my paper. I'm sure I had grand plans of dolling it up with ribbons and bows, but five years passed and I wouldn't have time for such things. :)

Sydney had a ball last night looking at all of my potions and elixirs (translation: crap under the sink). I started packing all of my unnecessary items last night and was amazed it took TWO boxes to hold all of that junk. I couldn't help but remember the days when I used to sit at my makeup table and do hair, nails, makeup and kissy faces. Stop laughing! You know you did it too. Now, I don't have time for that stuff. I have other priorities like reading stories, tickling and snuggling. Yes, I look worse, but I feel better. Funny how that works, isn't it?

Well, I'm off to get busy. Have a great day!

3 comments:

Christie said...

Seriously? Its a WEEK before Christmas? How did that happen? I'd better get busy too.

Courtney said...

Yea, we all did it, when we had time. Now I think we ALL look worse and feel better...you said it best with that line!

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

I can't believe we are so close to Christmas! Happy wrapping too - pretty soon it will all be a ripped up mess...LOL :)