Thursday, December 18, 2008

Here Comes Santa Claus! Here Comes Santa Claus!

One week to go! Feel the pressure yet? I know I do. I headed home after work yesterday and had to stop at Tarjay for some Santa wrapping paper. Yes, I know. Sydney picks up on every detail so, I figure we had to get dedicated Santa paper. So much for getting rid of all of the paper this year.

I then raced to the mall to get my new pants altered. Mom gave them to me on my b-day, which was THREE weeks ago. My how time flies. Since they are really nice pants, I didn't want to risk messing them up. Yay! I'm excited.

I picked the kids up last night and was told to take Nathan to the doctor. The new teacher suspected a problem. I'll spare you the yucky details, but let's just say, he's fine and there is nothing wrong. Thank goodness! He does have another tooth coming in. From now on, he is "Chops."

We didn't get home until nearly 8pm. Sydney ate her KFC (I'm such a good mom! NOT!) and Nathan had a bit of pasta, cheese and two bites of a soft taco. The kids went to bed shortly after Nate's bath and I ate my really cold and soggy nachos. Mmmm. Before I knew it 10pm rolled around and I jumped into bed.

Well, Marc is sick today. Sorry. :(

Tonight, I've got another apt with our realtor to find a place to live. I'm starting to get a little stressed now. Turns out the lovely house I wanted will only take a year lease, which wasn't the plan. So, we're back to the drawing board. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Good luck on finding something.

I am definitely feeling the stress, Christmas, health issues, death, kids ALWAYS sick, etc. I am ready to scream like a mad woman!

Jess said...

Wow, at least it is a buyer's market, you will find something wonderful. And that is amazing that you got an offer so quickly - woohoo!

What made you decide to move? Not happy with the house/neighborhood or just want a change? There are so many nice houses out in Leesburg, too bad it is so far to drive in to work to Tysons! Keep me posted!

The Santa paper is a great idea. I hadn't thought of that and I know Ella will figure it out too now that you mentioned it. And Gabriel is cutting all four of his front top teeth all at once - yikes! The little ones on the side have begun to pop through and he looks like a little vampire.

Cheffie-Mom said...

I hope you find a place very soon and are able to get some rest. Have a good weekend!