Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hot Chocolate Time!

So, is it freaking cold where you are? I cannot believe how chilly it is, even if it is November. It makes me want to sell our house and move to the Caribbean. I'm sure it wouldn't be expensive at all. For now, I'll have to settle for a cup of hot chocolate.

Work has been busy today, which is fantastic! BRING IT ON!!! The day is so much better when I can feel like I have a reason to be here. Otherwise, I just sit and think about being with my kids all day. It makes me sad.

Rach-I did manage to get a bit ahead this week. Thank goodness! I threw a towel in the hamper this morning and realized that I'd better get on top of it next or I'm going to be in trouble.

Allie-No, I just used the chx and rice recipe from the soup can. What is Jess' recipe? Oh and Kim CANNOT sing and she doesn't even know, despite repeated attempts by the voice coach and the producer. Very arrogant. OH! Did you hear her spell cat the other night as K-A-T? Are you kidding me? She didn't even flinch and no one called her on it.

Speaking of food. I tried to preplan our meals for a month. I went shopping once for the entire thing, which was quite expensive and found it very useful. The biggest problem I have with cooking at home is that I never know what to cook and the second is that I am always craving something. The latter problem should actually be the first problem simply because I can talk myself out of a preplanned dinner because I want something specific, which usually requires purchasing new ingredients or going out. BAD! The whole idea is to save money and then I let my stomach be my guide. Oh, and like Jess G., I love to read cookbooks, but I actually get so excited to try a recipe that I will focus on it until I've tried it. Again, out to buy more ingredients.

Let's talk about lunches. What do you eat? I'm stuck with frozen lunches half of the time because of that whole cravings thing. At least that way, I can pick something close. For the most part, I dislike sandwiches, except after Thanksgiving. :) I could eat leftover turkey sandwiches for two weeks! I love it! MMMM!

Jess-I'm working on my tag, but I'm having a hard time coming up with 7 strange things about me. Perhaps I should ask those closest to me. :)

Hugs!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

I don't know if my last comment went through or not, but I buy 3 kinds of lunch meat, some cheese, lettuce and tomatoes and make myself a sub. I was obsessed with Subway, but it was too expensive so I started doing this instead.

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

What a fun post :) I am in the mood for hot chocolate from Nov - March! :)

Lunches for me is often Progresso Low Sodium veggie soups and salad. I throw random veggies into a ziplock and fix it into a salad when I get to work.

Rach said...

Yes, it's freakin' cold, but I LIKE freakin' cold so I can only sympathize.

Every Friday evening or Saturday morning, B and I do the menu for the week so I can get the shopping done and KNOW what I'm cooking each night. It really helps to know what I'm going to do. AND, I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read cookbooks and cooking mags and get many new and tasty recipes from these.

Lunch? Lunch is usually leftovers if the Salad Club is on hiatus. I also try to include a piece of fresh fruit with the leftovers to get that extra serving in.

(my word ver is "diumb". Nice. ;oP)

Christie said...

My favorite lunch is cashew butter on this yummy wholegrain bread that I get locally. Mmmmm.

And I wish it was cold here - I think it was in the 60s today, which is a freakin heat wave for this part of the country. Honestly, I'm ready for some wintry weather.

The Hall Family said...

I found this neat website called e-mealz.com where you pay $5 per month, sign up for a certain store, or a couple if you want (at $5 each), and they prepare a meal plan for dinner, along with a shopping list. For a family of 4-6 the meals plans average around $75-$85 per week. I thought it was pretty neat, and for $5 per month, pretty affordable too!