Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Feelin' Better All Around

I'm coughing so much less today. It is wonderful. Of course, that leaves nothing to break up the peaceful silence in my office. Hmm...maybe I'll just start yelling at random intervals to wake everyone up.

A friend of mine received an invitation to a Housewarming Party. Nice, right? Well, it turns out this person added a "I'm registered at..." on the invite. Tacky? I think so. The point of such an event, at least as I see it, is for people to see your new house and congratulate you. Typically, I bring a little something, but I do it because I want to and not because I feel it is a requirement. I also find it even more distasteful in this economy. There are people losing their homes left and right because of lost jobs, etc. and you want a gift because you were able to buy one. Not cool, at least I don't think so.

So, those Sydney-isms I've told you about are fading. :( I'm sure they will be replaced with something new. She no longer says, "va-ella," but now says, "vanilla." She no longer sings, "If you're happy in your nose..," she sings "If you're happy and you know it." I know who should receive the blame for stealing my "va-ella." Marc! Nathan, thankfully, still tries to butt heads with me to tell me he loves me and shakes his head furiously each time he hears the word "no." He's too sweet.

Well, I am off to stalk everyone else since I don't have anything interesting to say. :)

3 comments:

tiburon said...

Ok for some reason your blog got deleted from my reader!! I just thought you hadn't been posting.

Now I feel bad :(

It is back and so am I! :)

Courtney said...

In my opinion, VERY TACKY!!! But who am I?

Rach said...

I'm so happy you're feeling better! :o)

I agree completely on the tacky house warming front. Ugh. Really. UGH!

As for the loss of those wonderful words, don't worry, some of those Syd-isms will hang around for a while yet. AND, she'll add new ones which you will just *love*. I promise. :o)

Have a happy Thursday, Jess! :o)