Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Snuggle Time

Warning: Mushy post ahead!

There are few things in life that can bring you pure joy and a sense of peace. For me, and probably many of you, one of those things is quiet time with family. Notice I used the word "quiet." I always enjoy time with my family, but those peaceful and silent moments are just the best. Snuggling on the couch with my girl reading a book and watching my Sydney sleep are a few examples. I love those moments.

Now, of course, Sydney hasn't always been in my life and before her there was Marc. He's most certainly still in the picture, but with pace of crazy life, we are left catching hugs and kisses between caring for Sydney and chores. We rarely get those quiet moments.

I had a terrible time sleeping last night. I spent the majority of the early morning tossing and turning. I got up several times and finally decided to go to the place I knew I would be most comfortable: Marc's side of the bed. I walked around to the other side of the bed and nudged him over. Now, if he had done that to me, I'd probably move, but I'd most likely be a little grumpy about it, not him. He willingly made room for me and wrapped his arms around me. Within seconds his warm snuggle put me at ease. I forgot about the pain in my hip and the worries turning in my head. I drifted off to sleep and didn't move again until the sun came up.

No matter how much our family grows, Marc will still always be my rock and my comfort. I am so fortunate to have someone so special in my life. I'm thankful for each and every day we are together.

10 comments:

Christie said...

That was such a beautiful post - it almost made me cry! What a wonderful marriage you must have. Thanks for sharing.

Jess T said...

I really am very lucky to have Marc. He is truly my partner in crime. I'm not saying that we never bother each other! :) That is normal, but we are definitely very solid.

Laura said...

I am so glad that you have that. You brought tears to my eyes. I hope you have years and years of that.

Unknown said...

so sweet! i love that. thanks, great reminder, jess!

Bonita said...

What a sweet post. Those feelings are even more dear as you snuggle in your 60's, grateful for the life you've shared.

mmandtt said...

Sounds like our life. You brush up against one another in the kitchen. You pass in the night in the hall. Then spoon in bed. I love laying on Brian's chest in bed at night at the end of a long day. I wouldn't trade him for the world. Aren't we lucky???

Jess said...

You are so sweet to your husband... guess I could try that out sometime and see what sort of response I get from my own! :-)

You know, I have always wanted to be a snuggly sleeper but Bob just squashes me (or at least I feel like he does) so I just satisfy that snuggle urge by using him for a warm foot heater, lol.

Lovely post, Jess.

Jess T said...

Very lucky, girls! Jess-I'm not as nice as you think..BELIEVE ME! :) Poor guy gets all of my crap and still loves me. Of course, he can dish it out with the best of them. :)

Sabrina said...

He sounds like a great guy!! Mine would have probably moved his legs in the way on purpose so I couldn't get back in bed. lol

Melissa said...

Fantastic Post! Aren't hubbies the best ROCK! They love us through the ups and downs, highs and lows, skinny and "curvy". lol And family.....I have never felt such a wonderful amount of Joy then watching my girls and their daddy doing ANYTHING together. Thanks for sharing. =)