Monday, September 10, 2007

Happy Happy Monday!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Friday night we had a nice dinner at Logan's. I so LOVE their bread. We also rented Vacancy, which was less than so-so.

On Saturday, we got up and did some pick up. I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a sewing pattern for Sydney's Halloween costume. If all goes well, she'll be a doctor in cute little scrubs. I am a complete novice when it comes to sewing. So, I picked something marked easy in hopes that it will turn out wearable for Halloween. We'll see. :)

Later Saturday, we drove to Queenstown, MD for my company picnic. It is about two hours away and the traffic for most of the drive there was great, until we got a few miles outside the Memorial Bay Bridge. I HATE this bridge. It scares the crap out of me. Thank goodness, Marc was driving.

We got home around 8:15-8:30, put Sydney to bed and then, I started making chili for Sunday's game. WE LOVE FOOTBALL! Sunday was the first Skins game of the season and we had to prepare.

Sunday was a sleepy day for me. Later in the afternoon, Wes, our brother, came over with wings. We watched a portion of the game while we had lunch (chili, wings and garlic bread-tums anyone?). Then, Syd went down for a nap. The entire second half was missed by me because I had fallen asleep. I still blame the cough syrup! :) I did wake up in overtime to watch the Skins WIN! That was very exciting. Next Monday night we play the Eagles, who lost this week. Hopefully, that will be good for us.

Have a great day today! This will be a rough week for me at work. We are having a new phone system installed and it is VOIP. We have a few people in the office that are (ahem) technologically challenged. That is about as nice as it gets. :) I pray everyone brings their patience to work with them this week. I've already packed three weeks worth.

4 comments:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

Yeah Redskins! I am becoming a fan...Happy Monday to you! :)

Christie said...

Wow - I am so impressed that you are sewing her Halloween costume. I am such a bad mommy, and haven't begun to worry about what my kids will dress up as yet. ANd I definitely will NOT be sewing whatever it is that they wear!

tiburon said...

Sounds like you had a jam packed weekend! I wish that I had something exciting to blog about. :)

I am dying to hear more about your trip!

Rach said...

Fun fun fun! I can't wait to see pics of Syd's costume! :o)