Monday, October 6, 2008

WEEKEND RECOVERY!

Wow! We had a whirlwind weekend. How about you?

Friday night, we ran a few errands and then had a nice dinner at home. Saturday, we spent the morning cleaning, made banana bread and then hit a b-day party. Syd's buddy, Gabriella, turned 4. After we got home, we tucked this kids into bed and watched 'Made of Honor.' Cute movie! Sunday, we got up bright and early, even though Nate kept us up all night. We drove downtown and participated in the 2008 Walk for Animals hosted by the DC Humane Society. It was a blast. The weather was perfect and the kids were fantastic. We grabbed lunch at Olley's Trolley and then, headed to Sean's third b-day party. After that, we headed home, gave the kids a bath, tucked them into bed and started packing for school. Whew! :) Great weekend!

SO, kids say the silliest things. We all know this yet, it still surprises us. This morning we were driving to school and Sydney breaks the silence with, "Mom, we don't drink from the potty. Right?" Now, you can imagine my expression. I then slowly respond, "Uh..right." Another few moments pass. "We only go potty in the potty right?" Syd asks. I give the same response. Then I follow up, "Why? Who told you about drinking from the potty?" I was holding my breath hoping that she'd heard someone telling their dog not to drink from the potty or something similar. Instead, I got no response, just silence. I didn't press. What in the world? YUCKO!

I will leave you with that! :) Have a great day! Oh...yay! I just realized I get my produce list today! YAY! YAY! Oh yes! I forgot to mention that the SKINS won again this weekend! I'm thrilled. I'm peeved I missed the game because I had the wrong time in mind, but I wouldn't have made it anyway. :)

4 comments:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

GO 'SKINS!

Courtney said...

I too hope Syd just heard someone telling their dog not to drink from the potty. If not, I shudder to think how she came up with that!

Sounds like a great, busy weekend!

allie said...

Sounds like a great weekend! You always sound like you have such fun family time, even when you're busy. I love that. Too funny about Syd, let's hope her asking was preemtive and not an after thought!

Rach said...

Did I ever tell you about the time Hannah very seriously informed her daddy (quite out of the blue), "It wouldn't be good to eat poo poo"?

Yeah, we didn't want to go there with that one, either.