Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Celine Dion! Wooo Hooo!

On Monday night I had the amazing privilege of attending the Celine Dion concert here in DC. WOW! WOW! WOW!

Now, keep in mind that Celine is one of my childhood idols so, I might be slightly biased. She completely lived up to my vision and the hype. There were several wardrobe changes, dancers and kick butt backup (and not-so-backup) singers. Simply amazing! I was like a little kid staring in awe. I'm not ashamed to admit that I was crying like a little girl at a boy band concert. Okay, maybe I'm a little ashamed. After all, I am 30. :)

The playlist ran the gamut. I heard the earliest songs to the most recent and everyone of them was as good, if not better, than the CD. I've found that many times the singers are not as good in person as they are recorded. Typically they are good, but just not as good. Celine, RF and Reba have all surpassed their recordings in person. Of course, Celine really needs to be separated in a sense because her voice is just absolutely by far the most powerful and her range is seemingly limitless.

Thank you mom and Tom! Mom, Ash and Shenan, I had the most fun ever that night and I will always remember it!

Celine, who I know will never read this and I don't care, thank you for living up to my childhood daydreams! Oh and ditch those Cher pants, they were a little tacky.

I hope you get to cross off a "to do" on your life's wish list today!

Hugs,
Jess

3 comments:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

"Ditch the Cher pants" - LOL!!! I saw her in concert right after "Titanic" came out. So amazing...glad you got to see the show, and you survived the crazyness of the Verizon center! :)

Courtney said...

How exciting! Glad you got to go and it was all you hoped for and more.

allie said...

Fun! Haha I loved her too growing up. And YES I want to come to the pumpkin patch! Which one are you going to?