Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Tick Tock!

I went to the doctor yesterday for my 26 wk check up. Yesterday was the yucky glucose test. It actually doesn't taste as bad as it could. I did a great job of chugging it in 1 minute flat! This is a huge accomplishment for me. I'm more of a sip girl.

Anyway, all went very well with the check up. Vitals were good for both of us. Boy! Nathan Alexander (we finally picked a name) is growing growing! I've gained 22 lbs to date. This is quite a jump for me with approximately 14 weeks to go. I gained about 35 lbs with Sydney over the entire pregnancy, most of which accumulated in the last two months of pregnancy. So, I am curious to see what the final count will be. I certainly eat a TON more now than I did with Sydney. I'm also not drawn to healthy foods. Last week, don't laugh, I ate a meatball sub for lunch four out of the five days. I couldn't get enough of them. I totally blame Nate. Anyone who knows me, knows that I really don't like eating the same thing day after day. Lately, anything Italian and mmmmm. I'm supposed to have a birthday dinner for my mom, dad and sister at the end of the month. I was debating about what to prepare. I keep coming back to lasagna and I know it is selfish! :)

So, I guess I'm starting to get closer as I was informed that since I have to come back in two weeks for my Rhogam, my two week visits start now. IKES! Where did the time go? I have so enjoyed this pregnancy. Sure, I was yucky sick in the beginning, but once I got past it, it has been smooth sailing. I have the standard gripes (i.e. leg cramps, constant bathroom visits and sleepy syndrome), but all in all this has truly been a remarkable experience. I love my Sydney dearly, but that pregnancy STUNK! I'm so glad I get to see this time what the fuss is about. I never understood why some moms would talk about how much they LOVED their pregnancy and what a JOYOUS experience it was for them. I thought they were lying or freaking crazy. Now, I understand! :) Remind me I said this later when I am complaining I want this baby to be born. Ha ha!

Jess, I'll try to post a belly pic soon. I have so many pics to post. I've got to play catchup. :)

7 comments:

Laura said...

I'm glad it went so well. I loved the last trimester, where I could share the kicks and bumps with my husband. Where you don't feel completely weighed down and ready for the birth.

I think you should go with the lasagna. Everyone loves lasagna and you are being the chef so what you say goes. What time should I be there? ;)

I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes just as smoothly. Little boys are the best. My 9 year old will still snuggle on the couch with me and let me tuck him in. Just don't tell him I told you that.

Unknown said...

yeah, i'm with you. pregnancy can be tolerated, but it's not "the best i've ever felt"! or anything like that. that pregnancy glow is do to constant sweating! but you're coming along! glad things are going so well...

Sabrina said...

My first pregnancy was rough too due to Pre E so I KWYM! I loved my last 3 pregnancies though and I'd do it all over again! lol I'm glad your appointment went well! Thanks for commenting on the boys. I'm in a rough patch, but I'm sure I'll make it through like always!

Christie said...

I'm glad to hear that you're doing so well. I hope you continue to feel great!

Bonita said...

What great news. I'm glad all is going smoothly. I'll have to admit that all my pregnancies were really pleasant, and labor and delivery were also. But, with four pregnancies so close - every year and a half - it was tough on my legs. Now I have to wear full support hosery. Small price to pay, though, for such positive experiences.

Jess said...

Jess, well I am still thinking that anyone who loves pregnancy is a liar or freaking crazy! :-) No, in all seriousness, this pregnancy was super easy until 18 weeks and then I've just had a few rough weeks. Hopefully things will settle down soon so I can go back to fantasizing about what food I will eat next instead of being stressed out.

I love your son's name. And I can't believe you did so well with that orange drink. I drank it at home, drove to the office and as I sat and waited to be called back I got sicker and sicker... until I puked in the waiting room trash can! YIKES- just another one of my fine pregnancy moments, lol. Not looking forward to it this time around for sure.

I've only gained 11 lbs. so far but I started so much higher than you. I am going to try and keep it to 35lbs. this time instead of the 48 lbs. I gained with Ella. Even if you gained 50 lbs. you would probably look about like I did when I started out. :-)

(Lasagna is always a good idea- everyone likes it!)

tiburon said...

Yowsa! You are not making me miss my pregnant days. I never had a reaction to the glucose drink until my 4th baby! I got SO SICK after!

I want to see that belly :)