Thursday, October 4, 2007

Half-Asleep = Half-Done

I woke up early this morning with thoughts racing in my brain. Any day that I wake up BEFORE the alarm goes off five times is a strange day. I decided not to waste the time and I rolled out of bed and into my office where I decided to start copying the recent photos to cd. I was so proud of myself. I was going to catch up on all my photos today at lunch. Then, I got to work and realized that I had not formatted the cd properly and my machine at work will not read it. Go figure. Oh well. I guess that is what happens when you are half asleep.

The good news is that my MIL and FIL forwarded some cute photos of them in Japan. My FIL moved there in July and I'm so jealous! I want to visit soon, but we'll see. Flights are RIDICULOUSLY expensive. Just think...sushi all day for a week. Mmmm!


Here is our sister, Kim (right), and a friend from school (assuming).

A beautiful view in Japan!

My FIL, Charles, and his lovely wife, Rose.

Rose and the growing-way-too quickly, Kimberly.


A few more scenic views in Japan (above and below).


Rose and Kim in front of a beautiful waterfall.

Thanks to Rose for saving my picture day! :) I hope everyone has a great day!

3 comments:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

What beautiful pictures! I would love to get back over there again and just explore places like that...

Bonita said...

What is it about the sky, clouds and weather of Japan that always contributes to such lovely photos!

I have to laugh at your 'trying to beat the clock' when the alarm starts to go off. I did that for 6 years, always checking my alarm clock in the middle of the night so it would not disturb my husband. You see, it was set to go off at 4:00 a.m., and I knew he'd not be able to get back to sleep if he heard it ring. Not once did I hear it go off, somehow. But, I can't say that I ever got a decent night's sleep either. Hee.

tiburon said...

Japan looks lovely! Adam went there 2 years ago as part of his graduate program and he absolutely loved it. You and Adam would be two peas in a pod - he LOVES sushi - I think while he was there he ate it for every meal :)