Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thankful Thursday (LONG OVERDUE)

I have been unable to post my list for a few weeks, but Nathan is allowing me to do so today. I see the light! I see the light! :)

I certainly have many things to be thankful for this month, but some of the biggies today are:

1) My children, of course. Sydney has been very good the last two nights and it has been so nice having our little girl back. She can be such a sweet girl, but fiesty (wonder where that comes from?). I am so in love with Nathan. He is absolutely wonderful. This morning he woke me with coos, not crying. It seems so early for him to be doing this. I also cannot believe I forgot to tell you that he was trying to hold his head up within minutes of delivery. He is such a strong boy! His cord FINALLY fell off yesterday and we're cleared to start tummy time this weekend. He's such a little wiggler. I'm sure he's going to put his talent to good use.

2) My husband. No matter what, you are my best friend. I know I haven't really acted like it for a while. :) I've had patience for everyone except you and I'm thankful to finally realize it.

3) Washing appliances (dishwasher and clothes washer). I would be in one heck of a mess right now without them. Nathan alone keeps the clothes washer running incessantly.

4) A milk supply. I know this might seem silly to some, but after what I went through with Syd, it is amazing to be able to provide for my son. Certainly, it is ashame that it has to be given via bottle, but nothing is ever perfect. :)

5) A toothbrush. Seriously. I cannot believe what a difference brushing your teeth can make on your attitude. Same with showers. Such small things make such a big difference.

6) Soy milk. Poor Nathan has been having stomach issues the several days and I have been so careful about my eating. I have been unable to consume a milkshake or a strawberries and cream for days! Then, I realized I should try soy milk. I think I might make a trip to Starbucks today! :)

7) A wireless laptop! I'm hanging out in my room, watching Nathan and multitasking. I love love love it!

8) SLEEP! When I get it these days, it is simply wonderful!

9) Sweet silence. I always knew that I greatly appreciated my quiet time, but now I appreciate it even more. There is nothing sweeter than lying in bed while everyone is asleep and just listening to my husband breathe, my fan run and nothing at all.


I hope you all have a wonderful day! Thanks for checking in on me!

7 comments:

tiburon said...

I am doing a Thankful Thursday today. Just for you!

Courtney said...

I have something for you, stop over.

These are wonderful things to be thankful for!

Rach said...

Fantastic list! I know how important number four is to you after everything you went through with Syd.

Your list looks very much like mine would look.

:o)

Jo said...

This is great, I know the silence and sleep personally! I am missing my friends this week, and obviously you are one of them! Maybe I need to get in a little "Eastern Standard Time"!

Love you!

Jo

Bonita said...

I can really relate to the pleasure of just watching others sleep, hubby and kids. Comfort and peace.

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

What a great list! Well done :) So great to hear that Nathan is doing so well too, so many things to be thankful for indeed :)

The Hall Family said...

I am so glad to hear that things seem to be settling down. I know it sometimes seems like forever, but when you see that light at the end of the tunnel, it's quite a relief.