I've been wanting to do this for a while actually, but I never seemed to remember to do it. I'm a bit of a space cadet and my mind wanders. I hope to continue the trend, but we'll see what happens.
I've been struggling lately with a ton of negativity in my life, actually just negative people. There are a few individuals in particular that really have been the greatest sources of negativity. I have been listening to their complaints over every event in their lives, some big and some small, for months now and I'm just tired. I've tried hard to be supportive and uplifting to no avail. Now, I find myself slipping slowly into their habits. I REFUSE to let this happen. I've tried to remind them, and myself, that there are people with REAL problems and while it is okay to get frustrated sometimes, it is not okay to mope or constantly whine over the little things. I know, I know, it is hard for you to understand exactly what I mean when I have given very little detail. When I tell you little things, I mean it (i.e. getting totally ramped up over deciding what to cook for dinner).
So, in an effort to rid myself of the funky slime that has managed to ooze onto me, I'm going to start Thankful Thursday! I can always use reminders of how fortunate and lucky I am. It is a great way to keep myself in check.
Today I am thankful for:
1. my family (incl. my puppy)
2. my friends
3. the rain
4. my job
5. hot chocolate (what a morning yum!)
6. my senses
7. the lotion on my desk (winter weather isn't here yet, but winter skin sure is)
8. my homemade lasagna lunch
9. the ability to go to the doctor today for a check up without worry (some are unable)
10. my very reliable Honda
11. having the day off tomorrow (not sure what I'm doing yet, but I'm glad I have it)
12. warm clothes
13. almost being finished with my Christmas shopping
14. being able to go Christmas shopping
15. pay day
16. being able to pay my bills
17. an extremely wealthy client who has shown me that the grass isn't always greener just because you have greenbacks
18. the recycling bins in our office (I'm so glad we finally got everyone on board!)
19. those who are positive in my life that have helped me work toward being a more positive individual! I know it is a tough job changing me! :)
20. eager salespeople that bring me candy and food to win our business (they know their way to my heart)
21. The Kane Show (Hot 99.5)! I love these guys.
22. Clients that keep me on my toes! That is why I have to end this. :)
Have a great day! What are you thankful for today?