Thursday, August 14, 2008

Poor Little Nate

The last few days have been "blah." Poor Nathan has been running a fever since he woke up on Tuesday morning and still has one. The pediatrician says it is a bug and has to run the course. Well, I still feel badly for him and want it to go away.

Work has been fairly busy, although I missed yesterday to stay with Nathan and Sydney. I figured I would keep Sydney too so that we could spend some extra time together. She was a doll 98% of the day and who could ask for more?

The weekend is rapidly approaching and it is finally time for the corn festival. I hope the weather is nice and that Nathan is better by then so that we can all go and have a good time.

Ever try to do something that, no matter what you do, it seems like you just cannot succeed at it? I've got that problem right now. I'm really pretty bummed about it. I know I just need to keep at it and stay the course, but I really want to bury my head in the sand. I'm not used to failing. Sure, I'm not good at a lot of things, but FAILING, no. It is pretty hard to swallow. Especially when I know I should be able to get past it. Sigh.

Well, it just started raining here and I'm feeling like I might take a nap on the table. Wouldn't that be nice? Someone goes to see why I didn't come back from lunch and there I am drooling all over the table. :) Funny. Maybe some other time. :)

Have a great day!
Jess

3 comments:

Courtney said...

The drooling all over the table, I'm right there with you today. I could fall asleep at any second, pretty sure of it. I hope Nathan starts feeling better soon and you get to enjoy your weekend.

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

I hope Nathan is better, and mom is hanging in there too :)

Sabrina said...

I hope he's feeling better soon!