Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Checking In

It has a been a very busy few weeks in our household, like many others around. :)

Nathan woke up on Saturday with spots. I'm fairly certain he had roseola and that the weekend was the tail end of a six day yuck fest. We missed a total of three days of work, one for me and two for Marc. Mr. Nate is all smiles now though and back to melting his teachers' hearts...and mine.

Sydney is very excited this week. She knows there is an upcoming weekend camping trip and what is more cool than that? Seriously, is there anything? I love camping and we just cannot wait. We put the tent up last weekend just to give it a once over. This one hasn't been used for a while. All looks good with the tent so, we're off. I just wish we could have gone more frequently this year. Well, there is always next year.

So, Nathan started babbling quite a bit and, much to my disappointment, he said, "da da da da." Marc, of course, is loving life and I just keep reminding myself that Sydney said, "ma ma" first. We know they don't know what they are talking about, but it doesn't really matter does it?

Well, I'm off to the grocery store, the library and to the school to pick up the kids. We need food for the weekend and Syd has read all of the library books I got her the weekend before last. Well, I should say that I've read them all. :) It makes bedtime more fun to read something different each night.

I miss you all and I hope you are all well.

Hugs,
Jess

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Have fun on your camping trip and I'm glad to hear Nate is feeling better! Can't wait to hear about the trip.

Laura said...

I miss you too and I can't believe how big Nate man is getting.

The Hall Family said...

Hey! Poor Nathan, glad to hear he's feeling better.

Hope you had fun camping! We went camping this past weekend, too. Although we headed in a different direction, VA beach. The weather was beautiful....about 85 each day. Glad to be back, though.