This week has been extremely difficult for so many reasons, but so far, it is better than a poke in the eye. :)
The time change compounded our lack of sleep and by Wednesday, I was ready to drop. Work has been extremely busy. I've been trying to catch up and now, one of the partners has submitted her resignation. That is always a huge deal.
On the home front, Nathan had his two month well check visit. He's very well and weighed in at 10 lbs 10 ounces. His navel is healing nicely (it didn't close all the way) and he recovered quickly from his first immunizations. We had only a night and a morning of crankiness. Not bad! :)
If we weren't busy enough, we decided to put our home on the market this week. We are looking to purchase a bit further out. As you know, the market is really, for lack of a better word, JACKED right now. So, we don't expect a quick sale at all. Nonetheless, we still have to pack up our personal photos and put a few pieces of furniture into storage for showing purposes. My office will look like an office again! It has become so cluttered with records, books and papers that I just want to set fire to it and start over. Instead, I can just continue to procrastinate and throw it all in a box. I can open the mess again at our new house. I think I'll label it "Pandora's Freaking Mess!"
Big news this week! My brother, Wes, has signed a lease for his very first apartment! :) WOW! Yay, Wes! I'm so proud of him and I cannot wait to see it. He moves in next month.
Sydney has earned her second trip to the Mouse's house (Chuck E. Cheese)! The positive reinforcement has made an improvement in her behavior. Some days, she could care less, but most days, she is very cooperative. Thank goodness! She's even starting to like me again! :) That is the best! Check me out! I got TWO hugs and kisses this morning before work. Some days, I get natta.
Dad, Jenn and Josh are coming tomorrow to visit. I'm excited. I cannot wait to see how big my little brother has gotten. I haven't seen them since Thanksgiving. I bet he's HUGE!
I almost forgot that today is Thankful Thursday. So, today I am thankful for:
1. My sweet commute this morning. I made it to work by 7:30am, which means PLAYTIME!
2. The absence of a line at the bank atm this morning. I was able to quickly make a deposit.
3. The fun chat this morning with Shenan.
4. My nice and quiet office. There is nothing like the quiet sometimes.
5. My desk piled with work. Funny, huh! If you are busy, you can't think about what you are missing (family).
6. My new outfit. My pants are so soft and comfortable! My sweater was a great gift from my MIL.
7. My buddy, Rachel (as always)! The flowers she gave me on Monday are still beautiful and cheerful.
8. Our clients. The majority of them are sweet and fun. Yesterday, one of them brought me an outfit for Nathan. It was so very sweet. We were attending a very emotional hearing for her and she had thought of ME! That is just so sweet.
9. Mirena! I know! Too much info, but I'm excited. I've been unable to tolerate drugs for over ten years and this, even a week later, doesn't seem to bother me much.
10. My desk photos! There is nothing better than looking at pics of the ones you love when you desperately miss them.
To all of you, I wish you a very happy day!